One of the best things about living in New York for the summer was that I was exposed to a wide range of foods. One of them was acai – the superfood berry only found in the amazon. You may have remembered that I documented my first acai bowl… Well, I loved it so much that I make an acai bowl every morning for breakfast now. I thought I’d share my recipe since they’re so easy to make and super healthy.
- 1/2 cup milk. I use skim, you can use a nut milk if you prefer.
- 1 package of unsweetened Acai juice
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of kellogg’s all-bran buds (optional)
- 1/4 cup of gluten free granola (optional)
Blend together the milk, acai juice, frozen fruit and flax seeds. Once thoroughly blended spoon into bowl. From there I add the bran buds and granola. Top with thinly sliced banana and volia, it’s ready to eat!